Sunday, January 2, 2011


Last Wednesday I had my MRI and biopsy on the second lump I found.  Thankfully, Talmage had the day off and was able to go with me.  First we went to the MRI.  That was interesting.  We will get the final results from that probably sometime this week when I meet with my Oncologist.  After the MRI, we went to breakfast and then over to the biopsy.  I was nervous this time around.  Everything went smoothly and I am amazed at how almost painless the whole thing is.  When they got the two specimens and put it in the jar of solution, they floated!  That is a good thing.  When I had my first biopsy, the specimens sank and I now know the doctor had a suspicion that it was cancer because of that.  I had no idea of this at the time.  Ewwww.  I really dislike even thinking about that day.  Anyway... they called with the results and it IS BENIGN!  PHEW!  I am so grateful.  This had been weighing heavily on my mind for weeks and it feels so good to let it go.  That morning I got such a sweet phone call from a dear lady who wished me well.  I was so touched by her thoughtfulness.  There are just so many good people!

Tomorrow I start my radiation treatments.  I think I am actually looking forward to it so that I can just get it over with and move on!  Just praying hard that they are very skillful and exact in their treatment so I don't get zapped where I shouldn't be.  I know it will be alright.  I feel so happy right now.

"Behold, we count them happy which endure.  Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy."   James 5:11


  1. this is such great news! and I am so glad your mind can be at ease now, that is torture in itself! bless your heart! hang in there

  2. ok we can all breathe better now! that scare was not fair! dang those lumps. so glad for the good news. we are here if you need anything. always happy to watch the kids or drive you to appointments etc.

    big hugs!