Thursday, August 26, 2010

I Need Your Prayers

Dear Family -


There is no easy way to say this and so I will just come straight out with it. I have breast cancer. I never thought I would have to utter those words, but there they are and it is a reality. Last January I felt a small lump and so Talmage set up an appointment for me to get an ultra sound. The images were vague and did not resemble a cancer. The doctor asked if I were pregnant and I told him there was .1% chance that I was. Well, little did we know, I was pregnant. This little girl is a miracle in every way possible. When we found out I was pregnant, we sort of chalked up the lump to hormones and changing breast tissue and kind of forgot about it. Within the past month, Talmage has been bothered by the lump and got me an appointment to have a biopsy done, just so we could get it out of our minds. The biopsy was done this past Wednesday and again it was small and hard to find. I was actually embarrassed for being there thinking that they must think I am paranoid. The results were expected to be ready by Friday. Friday morning I called Talmage at work and he hadn't had time to look at the results because of a conference. Later I tried calling again ... and then again... and then again. No answer. I started to get a little anxioius, but thought he must be very busy and would be calling me with the negative results any minute. I went to lay down and as I did Talmage walked through the door. My heart sank. I knew it was serious. Can I just tell you what a brave Son/Brother you have. I love him so much and am grateful to be his wife. Here are the facts. The lump is about 8 mm. Can you believe something so small can cause such disruption to somebody's life? It is a grade 3 which means that it has gone through the wall duct ... or something. (I should have Talmage write this part) Anyway, from the small biopsy, it appeared to have not spread into the Lymphatic System. On Monday, we go and meet with the surgeon to talk about getting into surgery ASAP before the baby is born. At that point we will know more information and what course of action we will need to take. Our BIG PRAYER AND HOPE is that the cancer is contained and has NOT spread to the lymphatic system and that they will be able to remove it, radiate it and be done with it!

This is where I am begging for your faith and prayers. I would SO appreciate your specific prayers that the cancer has NOT spread. And as with Jon's request, please include that it be the Father's will. I know He loves me and I know He can heal me if it's right. Tomorrow Talmage and my Dad will be giving me a blessing. I am so grateful for the Priesthood. Also, we told our children tonight and they are pretty somber. They could also use some prayers.

I love you all so much. I will keep you up-dated on what we find out and when this little girl arrives to our family. I am so excited to meet her.

All Our Love,

Danae and Talmage

D&C 101: 16 Therefore, let your hearts be comforted concerning Zion; for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I am God.

No comments:

Post a Comment